ONE OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL FIGURES IN MODERN MANAGEMENT
Gary Hamel is one of the world’s most influential and iconoclastic business thinkers who has led transformational efforts in some of the world’s most notable companies helping to create billions of dollars in shareholder value. Hamel has been on the faculty of the London Business School for more than 30 years and is the director of the Management Innovation eXchange.
Hamel has been ranked by The Wall Street Journal as the world’s most influential business thinker and is a fellow of the Strategic Management Society and of the World Economic Forum.
An author of landmark books such as Competing for the Future and The Future of Management, Hamel’s groundbreaking concepts such as “strategic intent,” “core competence,” “industrial revolution,” and “management innovation,” have changed the language and practice of management in organisations around the globe. The Wall Street Journal has ranked Hamel as the world’s most influential business thinker, and Fortune magazine has called him “the world’s leading expert on business strategy.” His latest book, Humanocracy, will be published in December 2018.
Join us and hear from Gary this November as he unpacks- Humanocracy: Rethinking the Principles of Management. Gary will focus on how to;
- Moving beyond competitive advantage to evolutionary advantage: How to change as fast as change itself
- Becoming a truly adaptable company capable of capturing more than your share of tomorrow’s opportunities
- Revealing steps to retool your organisation’s innovation strategy
- Presenting a blueprint for creating organisations that are fully human and free from the shackles of bureaucracy
Hamel has written 17 articles for the Harvard Business Review and is the most reprinted author in the Review’s history. His landmark books have been translated into more than 25 languages. His most recent bestsellers are The Future of Management and What Matters Now. In these volumes, Hamel presents an impassioned plea for reinventing management and lays out a practical blueprint for building organizations that are “fit for the future.”
Fortune magazine describes Hamel as “the world’s leading expert on business strategy,” and the Financial Times calls him a “management innovator without peer.” Hamel’s groundbreaking concepts such as “strategic intent,” “core competence,” “industry revolution,” and “management innovation,” have changed the language and practice of management in organizations around the globe.
Hamel’s work inside of organizations has been equally pioneering. Highlights include:
- Building one of the world’s first “idea markets” inside a global energy leader.
- Using crowdsourcing to help a European high tech company build a game-changing strategy.
- Orchestrating a comprehensive effort to turn a venerable durable goods manufacturer into one of the world’s most innovative companies.
- Helping a leading Korean company re-engineer its management practices around the principles of openness, community and meritocracy.
- Designing and deploying an online platform that allowed the employees of a top fashion house to share and develop ideas for strengthening their company’s core values.
- Developing innovation tools and platforms that have helped companies around the world de-commoditize mature industries and accelerate growth.
- Running an online “hackathon” in which more than 1,700 senior executives collaborated to reinvent the HR function.
In his work, Hamel has led transformational efforts in some of the world’s most notable companies and has helped to create billions of dollars in shareholder value.
Hamel is one of the world’s most sought-after management speakers on the topics of strategy, leadership, innovation and change.
Hamel has been on the faculty of the London Business School for more than 30 years and is the director of the Management Innovation eXchange. He is a founder of Strategos, an international consulting firm, and director of the Woodside Institute, a non-profit research organization. He has helped numerous companies design and build innovation-friendly management practices, and develop innovation tools and platforms.
Hamel champions the need for a revolution in management and calls for radical innovation in business. He asserts that organizations must continually reinvent themselves, and not just at times of crisis. His groundbreaking concepts such as “strategic intent”, “core competence”, “industry revolution”, and “management innovation” have changed the language and practice of management in organizations around the globe.
Books by Gary Hamel;
What Matters Now: How to Win in a World of Relentless Change, Ferocious Competition, and Unstoppable Innovation (Jossey-Bass, 2012); Strategic Intent (with CK Prahalad, HBR Press, 2010); The Future of Management (with Bill Breen, HBR Press, 2007); Leading the Revolution (HBR Press, 2000); Competing for the Future (with CK Prahalad, HBR Press, 1994).
Garry on Innovation-
These are a few of your expected outcomes at the New York Study Tour 2019
1-HEARING FROM THE MOST PROGRESSIVE BUSINESS THOUGHT LEADERS OF TODAY – ALL IN THE ONE PLACE IN NEW YORK CITY!
2-LEARNING CUTTING EDGE INNOVATIVE WAYS TO BUILD BUSINESS SUCCESS, GAINING A GREATER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN BUSINESS FOR YOUR CAREER AND GROWTH RIGHT NOW!
3-BEING AHEAD OF THE CURVE, ABLE TO ADAPT, INNOVATE AND THRIVE IN TODAY’S EVER CHANGING BUSINESS LANDSCAPE.
4-GETTING CLEAR ON YOUR OWN AMBITIONS, OBJECTIVES AND GOALS AND CREATING STRATEGIES TO
ACHIEVE THAT SUCCESS.
5. -EMBED INSIGHTS AND TAKEAWAYS, NETWORK IN THE WORLDS TOUGHEST CITY, MEET LEADING BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS.
6. IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE IN NEW YORK, TAKE IN THE SIGHTS, LEARN, GROW AND BECOME A LEADER!
Book today to avoid missing your place